Most folks don’t think about their heating and air conditioning system until it stops working. A properly maintained HVAC unit has fewer break downs and is more energy efficient. Regular maintenance by a professional heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) company makes sure that heating and cooling units work properly when you need them the most.
Seasonal Heating and Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
The number one reason for heating and air conditioning repair is because of a dirty filter. Filters prevent airborne particles from entering the HVAC system. When filters are dirty, dust and debris flows into ductwork and over coils, impeding air flow. The compressor must work harder to cool or heat air. Filters should be cleaned at least every three months or according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
Seasonal tune-ups, also called preventive maintenance, examine all elements of a system. Tuning up the furnace in the fall, before cold weather arrives, and the air conditioner in the spring, before the first hot days, makes sure that the indoor environment is comfortable for you and your loved ones throughout the year. Tune-ups include:
• Clean and oil all moving parts including fans, motors and belts
• Check wiring for frays and secure connections
• Clean drip pan and tubing
• Check refrigerant charge
• Clean condenser coils
• Clean compressor housing and coils
• Clean or replace filter
• Ensure unit cycles on and off properly
• Calibrate thermostat
• Check furnace housing and plenum for cracks or damage
• Check ignition on gas furnaces and boilers
Preventive maintenance lowers the incidence of the need for heating and air conditioning repair and prolongs the life of the HVAC system.
Heating and Air Conditioning Repair Services
Eastern Tech, based in Reston, Virginia, is a full-service, family-owned heating and air conditioning repair service. Our services include:
• 24-hour emergency service
• Annual maintenance agreements
• Installation and repair of all makes and models of HVAC equipment
• Free service call with heating or air conditioning repair
• Free estimates on new installations
• Licensed, bonded and insured
• 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee
Our service area includes communities in northern Virginia in Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudon and Prince William counties. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service with the highest technical know-how to make sure that your indoor environment is warm in winter and cool in summer. Our expertise with energy efficient systems and heat pumps can help you save money on heating and cooling costs and reduce the energy used in your home!